Thanks to a good , well-crafted SEM campaign , it is therefore possible to increase quality traffic heading towards a website with the aim of diversifying and maximizing the results obtained at the marketing level.
Organic search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO is a component of SEM that focuses on improving a website's visibility in organic (unpaid) search results. Also called natural referencing , SEO encompasses different notions:
- On-Page Optimization : Working on the internal elements of the website such as title tags, meta descriptions, content, and site structure for example.
- Off-Page Optimization : Actions taken to improve the ranking of a website in search results through a series of external factors. A perfect example is making sure you build quality backlinks. The interactions between the website and social networks and the reviews and comments left by customers also fall into the Off-Page aspect of SEO.
- Quality content : Create relevant and quality content for the target audience by choosing the right keywords and constantly trying to offer a type of content with a certain added value for the target audience.
- Technical SEO : Set of technical elements able to influence ranking in search engines. In order to optimize the technical aspect of SEO, it is necessary to ensure that the site is sufficiently fast, adapted to smartphones ( mobile-friendly ), and well structured.
Paid SEO via Google Ads
You probably already know a little about Google Ads . Some will refer to this as SEA (Search Engine Advertising). Briefly, this is in fact Google's paid advertising program , allowing advertisers to place advertisements directly in Internet users' search results. It is therefore a powerful marketing tool , when used correctly, which still requires a good understanding of how it works.
Here are some relevant features to know about Google Ads :
- Real-time bidding : Advertisers bid for specific keywords for their ads;
- Targeting : The ability to target ads based on demographics, geography, device, etc.;
- Ad formats : Google Ads offers several ad formats like text, display, video, and more;
- Tracking and Analysis : Track ad performance and adjust to improve return on investment (ROI).
SEM strategies on other search engines
Even if Google is essential, it remains important not to neglect the presence of other search engines such as Bing , Yahoo , and Baidu which also have their own advertising platforms.
The strategies used in online advertising can therefore vary depending on the audience but also the platform. Thanks to the exploration and integration of different platforms, it is possible to reach an even larger and more diverse audience.
Google Ads campaigns in the strategic marketing funnel
Do you know the TOFU, MOFU, BOFU marketing approach ? This advertising strategy is essentially the idea of adapting to where a potential customer is in relation to the sales funnel . Google Ads advertising campaigns can also respond very well to this approach.
- TOFU ( Top of the Funnel ) : At the top of the sales funnel, campaigns first aim to raise awareness and attract people who are not yet familiar with the brand or product. In the case of a Google Ads campaign , this could include Display ads or online video ads for example.
- MOFU ( Middle of the Funnel ) : At this stage, in the middle of the strategic funnel, the emphasis is on engagement and consideration. Ads can thus be more targeted, notably using methods such as remarketing .
- BOFU ( Bottom of the Funnel ) : At the very last stage of a potential customer's buying journey, at the bottom of the funnel, online advertising efforts are then focused on conversion, seeking to turn prospects into active customers . Ads should then be very specific, with clear calls to action and attractive special offers .
In summary, by combining the benefits of SEO and paid search, SEM represents a broad and dynamic field that offers many opportunities to increase online visibility and achieve business goals. By understanding and mastering these concepts, it becomes easier to aim for the best success for all your marketing strategies.