As you know, competition in e-commerce is fierce, especially on Amazon . But that doesn't mean success is impossible. Here are 3 steps that will help you stand out on the online sales giant's platform.
1. Set up a seller account
To create a seller account, you will need the following information:
- Bank account number and routing number;
- Credit card ;
- Government-issued national identity card (such as a driver's license);
- Tax information;
- Phone number.
Then, add your products and start selling your products.
2. Attract consumers
With the huge amount of Amazon listings, yours needs to stand out. Best practices for attracting customers involve pricing, shipping, and advertising.
- Set competitive prices. Amazon has built-in seller tools that automatically reprice your listing at an optimized price based on parameters you set (that way you're still making a profit).Amazon can also offer volume pricing to attract Amazon Business customers.
- Ship quickly . If you're not using Amazon Prime shipping, the best thing to do is to make sure you ship your products quickly when using another courier.
- Advertise with sponsored ads . When you convert your ad to a sponsored ad, it will appear on product pages and in search results. These ads work on a cost-per-click (CPC) basis. This means that every time someone clicks on your ad, you pay whether or not they make a purchase. It could be pennies, or it could cost several dollars per click.
3. Get reviews
A satisfied consumer is the best seller. Ask your customers to recommend your products on your Amazon page.
However, there are strict rules about what is and isn't allowed when asking your customers for reviews. If you are caught tricking your customers into leaving a review, your account may be subject to a permanent ban, withholding of funds, and even legal action. But what you can do:
- Ask for a review, but do not offer compensation, free product, refunds or discounts for it;
- Register for the program Early Reviewer from Amazon, which incentivizes reviewers to provide authentic reviews.
- Remember, just because you see another Amazon seller doing it doesn't mean it's okay. It's not worth getting caught and losing your seller account.
While the steps to selling on Amazon are relatively simple, success lies in selecting the right products and carefully optimizing your listings. Even after seeing success, staying ahead requires constant maintenance.
At Bofu, we can help you achieve and maintain success on Amazon. Let's discuss your needs together during our exploratory call. Visit our contact page to book your free 30-minute appointment now.